Thursday, August 4, 2011


Risa and I have been busy in the kitchen! We tried making Irish Soda Bread for the first time ever. We realized we didn't have buttermilk, and were not in the mood to run to the store, so we made our own with a little milk and lemon juice (thanks to her for looking that up for me!). I really liked the way the bread turned out. I like the traditional round shape, and the wedges were a fun way to cut it! It was a really pretty golden brown, and it was very dense, almost like a biscuit. Since it was almost all devoured that same night, I'd say it was a success!


Today I made Banana Bread for the first time ever (I know, that's weird with as much as I bake, but it was just something I never got around to). I realized halfway through putting everything together that I had forgotten something very important- we ran out of sugar! Truvia packets to the rescue! The flavor of the Truvia is stronger than I like, but, overall, the recipe is a good one and I am pretty happy with it! Now I just need to remember to get some more flour and sugar before I start on another baking expedition!!

No comments:

Post a Comment